Part 1 – Introductions
Hello everyone! So I have decided to do a Nuzlocke Challenge on the latest installment to the series, Pokémon Shield! First things first, I need to clarify what rules I will be following for this challenge.
- All Pokémon that faint in battle shall be considered dead. They will be placed into a Graveyard Box on the PC.
- Only the first Pokémon encountered on each named route/area may be caught. Due to the updated overworld mechanics of Sword/Shield, I have decided that where random encounters are possible, this must be considered the first Pokémon. Where random encounters are not available, I shall catch the first Pokémon I see that spawns.
- I will be nicknaming all of my Pokémon.
- If all Pokémon in the party faint, that shall be considered a Game Over.
- I will not be trading Pokémon, using gift Pokémon, or capturing raid Pokémon.
- I will be using the no duplicates rule – if my first encounter is a Pokémon that I have already caught, it will not count as the first encounter and must not be captured.
- I will not be using healing items in battle.
- I will not overlevel my Pokémon with intense grinding, Exp candies, Pokéjobs, or camp activities.
And now the trainer who will be taking on this dastardly challenge – Lockie! And her partner of choice for this challenge is none other than Grookey, who I have named Gaspar. Grookey was chosen on a dice roll, where 1-2 was Grookey, 3-4 was Scorbunny, and 5-6 was Sobble.
Wish me luck on my Nuzlocke adventure – I really would prefer not to have to bury anyone in the Graveyard Box!